YAPS began so that Yerington could participate in Spay Day USA. Spay Day USA is the Doris Day Animal Foundation’s national campaign to end the killing of healthy, homeless animals. For more information on this organization please visit HERE!
The low cost spay/neuter voucher program was so successful, the participating veterinarians could not perform so much work during the time frame specified by Spay Day USA. So YAPS separated from Spay Day USA and began a year round voucher program.
The vouchers are good for 50% reduction in the cost of the spay/neuter surgery. The participating veterinarians absorb 25% of the cost, and YAPS pays 25% of the cost, leaving the pet owner with only 50%. The vouchers are honored at Greenfield Animal Hospital.
In 2010, this program was used for 298 pet cats and dogs. In 2011, this program was used for 314 pet cats and dogs.
For more information call Martha (775) 463-7813.
This is one more way that YAPS is working towards a “No More Homeless Pets” community.
VOUCHER PROGRAM RULES
- To be used for cats or dogs.
- Limit three (3) per household per year.
- Non-transferable. Must be used by the person named.
- Not valid for any other procedure or vaccination.
- Proof of residence in Smith, Mason, Wellington, or Yerington required.
- Expires at the end of the month issued.
- Good only at Greenfield Veterinary Hospital.
- 11 AM first Saturday of every month at Round Table Pizza in Yerington. These low-cost vouchers are intended only for those people who have financial need. Due to YAPS’ limited resources, we are only able to give out 15 vouchers per month.
- Please check with Greenfield Animal Hospital prior to the spay/neuter surgery to see if there will be additional charges or penalties. YAPS will not pay for those extra charges.
- The vet discounts 25% of the cost of the procedure, YAPS pays 25%. That leaves you with only 50%. Please thank your vet for the discount.